SPOONER is a crossword puzzle answer that we have spotted 17 times.
- Cleric famous for bloopers
- Rev. William who originated the phrase "a blushing crow"
- "May I sew you to another sheet?" speaker
- Reverend credited with saying "The Lord is a shoving leopard"
- Oxford don reputed to mix words
- Reverend honored in this puzzle
- Word-botching reverend
- Phrase-mangling reverend
- Misspeaking cleric
- Reverend known for swapping initial word sounds
- Oxford don known for "watching birds"?
- Sound-switching reverend
- Reverend famous for swapping sounds
- Sound-swapping reverend
- Reverend of the "swell foop" and "blushing crow"
- Oxford don associated with slips similar to 17-, 28-, 45-, and 59-Across
- Reverend who was a birdwatcher.. or rather, a word botcher
Last Seen In:
- LA Times - September 02, 2016
- King Syndicate - Premier Sunday - July 27, 2014
- King Syndicate - Premier Sunday - November 17, 2013
- LA Times Sunday - September 23, 2012
- Post Puzzler - June 10, 2012
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - October 01, 2011
- Netword - September 20, 2009
- Washington Post - August 03, 2008
- Netword - June 13, 2008
- LA Times - March 28, 2008
- New York Times - June 22, 2006
- New York Times - May 17, 2006
- King Syndicate - Premier Sunday - October 09, 2005
- New York Times - July 12, 2004
- New York Times - February 10, 2001
Seen a clue for the answer spooner that we don't have? Then please submit it to us so we can make the clue database even better!